Thursday, October 12, 2006

first entry from new workplace

I had to think very hard to come up with a nice blog title. Finally i settled on the most obvious. Performancing is a good tool, no doubt about it. I have joined my new workplace. when you move to a new place you miss your old machine more than anything. my old dell laptop had a million of things installed and configured. I really need a tool that can post my mahcines image to internet before i move onto next machine. first 2 -3 days on the job are always wasted in getting your machine up and ready that too with most of the services available online. There was a time when you had to backup your old emails and bookmarks as well.
Not anymore.
Most of my digital life is online thanks to sites like esnips, yahoo, writely and gmail. However moving between machines still poses a challenge of install and configuration for programming related tools. First task that i have is to setup tools and environment for everyone else to follow. That was easy. Only new thing that i encountered was myeclipse plug-ins but they have nice step-by-step tutorials for every feature. The product is a portal kind of thing. I am going to concentrate more on backend (oracle) now.
© Life of a third world developer
Maira Gall